You need to keep the following records:
- written evidence to show details of your car expenses (for example
receipts, invoices or diary entries), and
- car logbook and odometer records.
If you keep a logbook, it must show details of each business trip. You must
- the day the journey began and the day it ended
- the car's odometer readings at the start and end of the journey
- how many kilometres the car travelled on the journey, and
- the reason for the journey.
The logbook entries must be made at the end of the journey, or as soon as
possible afterwards, and they must be in English.
You should keep written odometer records for the period you owned or leased
the car. You need to record:
- the car's odometer readings at the start and end of the period, and
- the make, model, engine capacity and registration number of the car.
To continue your calculation, select the Back button on your
For other important information, go to: