What is the Medicare levy calculator?
This calculator will provide an estimate of your Medicare levy, taking into account any entitlement to a reduction or exemption.
Information you may need
- your taxable income;
- your spouse's taxable income;
- if you are eligible for an exemption, the number of days.
- This calculator provides an estimate only. The exact amount will be determined once you have lodged your income tax return.
- This tool is unable to calculate your Medicare levy if you have received exempt foreign employment income.
- This tool is unable to calculate your Medicare levy if you have any taxed element of a superannuation lump sum for which the tax rate is zero.
- This tool is unable to calculate your Medicare levy surcharge. You can use the Comprehensive tax calculator. to calculate the surcharge component.