|The beneficiary tax offset is available to taxpayers who receive certain Centrelink benefits and Commonwealth education allowances. |
You pay no tax for the year if you:
If you are not in receipt of the full amount of any qualifying benefits and allowances or have other taxable income, you may be eligible for a partial offset.
- receive the full amount of any of the qualifying benefits and allowances for the full year, and
- have no other taxable income.
You do not have to work out your beneficiary tax offset. We work it out for you from the details on your income tax return. Your beneficiary tax offset is one of the items included in Rebates & Other Credits at label G on your notice of assessment.
- This application cannot calculate your beneficiary tax offset if you were a part-year resident.
- Where income amounts are requested enter whole dollars only.
- Parental leave pay does not qualify for this tax offset.