Welcome to the fuel tax credit eligibility tool
This tool will take 10 to 15 minutes to complete
What is the fuel tax credit eligibility tool?
This decision tool is designed to assist you in determining whether the fuel you use in your business
may be eligible for fuel tax credits. The tool will help you to determine:
- whether the fuel you use in your business activities, machinery, plant or equipment or vehicles
is eligible for fuel tax credits
- what fuel tax credit rate you can claim for the eligible fuel you use in your business activities,
machinery, plant or equipment or vehicles.
Once you have answered a series of questions, you will be provided with a summary outlining your eligibility
for fuel tax credits. It is recommended that you save or print the summary for your records.
You will remain anonymous at all times. No personal information will be transmitted to us.
You must complete the questions in one session. You cannot save your responses to be completed at a later time.
Do not use this tool if you are:
- a householder using fuel to generate domestic electricity
- a non-profit organisation not registered for GST and operating emergency vehicles or vessels
These activities have separate claiming arrangements. For more information on these activities,
refer to Fuel tax credits for domestic electricity generation and non-profit emergency vehicles
or vessels (NAT 15621) or visit www.ato.gov.au/fuelschemes
- packaging or distributing fuel. For more information about fuel tax credits for packaging
or distributing fuel, visit www.ato.gov.au/fuelschemes